Personal navigation & partnership for healthcare that works.
What is a Patient Advocate?
- Behavioral Health Professional: They are licensed social workers who are trained in mental health and can provide support for disorders like anxiety and depression.
- Medical Care Coordinator: They have extensive case management and care coordination experience, and they can help guide and advise you through every touch you have with the healthcare system.
- Social Determinants of Health Expert: They are experts in social issues like financial and relationship concerns, community programs, and government resources. They are uniquely positioned to remove barriers to care so you always get the right care at the right time.
You finally have an expert with you every step of the way.
“There’s not a person in the traditional healthcare system who raises their hand for patients and says, ‘I will fight for you.’ But that’s my role at Proactive MD: fight for the patient’s greatest good. I will stop at nothing to get my patients the right care at the right time.”
– Proactive MD Patient Advocate
Healthcare doesn’t come with a handbook.
But at Proactive MD, it comes with a Patient Advocate.
Patient Advocates take the guesswork out of healthcare. Every service they offer is designed to make quality care more simple, affordable, and accessible; and their approach is always clear and compassionate.
- Benefits education
- Concierge care navigation
- Healthcare literacy
- Home and hospital visits
- Dependent care resources
- Medicare/Medicaid navigation
- Transitional care
- Second opinion coordination
And this is only the beginning.
You’re a person before you’re a patient, and your health is more than just your temperature or test results. Your Patient Advocate humanizes healthcare by providing care for you as a whole person–mentally, emotionally, socially, and physically. No concern is outside the bounds of Patient Advocacy. If an Advocate can’t personally help, they will connect you to a resource who can–and they will partner with you every step of the way.