Stay Well Health Center Contact Information
Joseph Montoya Building
1100 St. Francis Dr. Suite 1000, Santa Fe, NM 87505
phone: 505.570.4949 / fax: 833.505.2740
Open Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 5:00pm
Your familiar Stay Well Health Center is now under new administration to elevate the standard of care you receive and improve your total healthcare experience. It should be your first stop for healthcare–whether for routine care, minor illnesses, or injuries. Your Stay Well Health Center Team will assess your symptoms and help you understand the best course of action.
Above and beyond primary care.
The State of New Mexico has partnered with Proactive MD to provide an employer-sponsored Health Center. Now you, your spouse, and any dependents enrolled in a State of New Mexico medical health plan can receive exceptional primary care whenever it’s needed, at no cost to you. Our Health Center offers services such as family medicine, acute care, medication dispensing and prescriptions, lab work, and more.
Your primary care experience includes weight loss counseling, diabetes management, stress management, smoking cessation education, and provider-patient coaching. Our care team and Patient Advocates are here to offer you best-in-class care that values your trust and privacy, grounded in an environment of confidentiality. Our providers and clinical care team practice medicine the way it was meant to be practiced: personally and proactively. We are here to serve you with compassion and transparency, and we promise to always fight for your greatest good. Come see what Care Without Compromise could mean for you!
Benefits & Services
When you become a Proactive MD patient at the Stay Well Health Center, you get more than just a place to go when you’re sick or hurt. You get a healthcare home: the place you can come with any questions or concerns about your personal wellbeing and find a trusted partner to listen and support you.
Visiting your Stay Well Health Center will make healthcare more simple, affordable, accessible, and effective. When you are our patient, you are never alone!
Your Health Center offers:
- Same-day sick appointments
- Less than 5-minute wait times
- Select medications and onsite labs at no cost
- Mental health support
- Management of chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure
- Preventive care
- Treatments for common illness & infections
- Ear or sinus infection treatments
- Minor procedures
- And more!
Make your first appointment to become an established patient and learn what else Care Without Compromise can do for you!
Patient Portal: Stay connected to care.
Communicating with your care team is simple. Your patient portal allows you to request an appointment, ask your provider medical questions securely, and request prescription refills. You may contact the health center to request a link to sign up for the portal prior to your first appointment, or you can sign up while you are visiting the health center. To access the portal after registering, simply visit portal.proactive-md.com. We are always here for you!
After-hours Line: Access to a provider, 365 days a year.
Your provider is available when your Health Center is not open, including after hours, on the weekends, and on holidays, at no additional cost. Your provider can help you with understanding symptoms, medication advice and dosing, treating minor illnesses, cuts, and injuries, and much more. To access the after-hours line:
- Call your Stay Well Health Center at 505.570.4949
- Leave a voicemail: Press “1” and leave a detailed message
- The provider will return your call!
*No controlled substances will be filled after hours
**Contact your health center during regular hours to refill a medication or schedule an appointment.
Download this document
Getting to know your Patient Portal
The online Patient Portal is a central place to manage your health anytime, anywhere. Request appointments, send messages or refill requests to us, and view your test results online.
Features of the Patient Portal
Appointment Requests and Details: Request an appointment online 24/7. You can also view details of upcoming appointments that you’ve already scheduled.
Refill Requests: Request prescription refills online without having to take time out of your day
Private Messaging: Communicate privately with your provider and our care team any time of the day or night with secure messaging.
Test Results: See your lab results and health history instantly without scheduling an appointment.
Expected Response Time: Inquiries during normal hours should get a same-day response. Inquires made after hours will be answered when the center reopens.
How do I get connected?
There are several different ways to get connected to the portal:
- Sign up at the Stay Well Health Center
- Sign up at home by calling the Health Center to confirm your information and request an email invitation.
Mon: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tues: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thu: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fri: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
How to register at home
To register from home, you will need to call your care team to request an email invitation. Be prepared to verify your personal information and provide your email address and phone number.
Step 1: Once you call the health center and receive your email invitation, open it and click the “Create my account” button.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to create your password. Enter a secure password, and confirm it by typing it again.
Step 3: We will send you a temporary passcode by email, call, or text. Enter the temporary passcode.
Step 4: Accept the terms and conditions, and you can begin using the portal!
Download this document
Watch our Proactive MD Patient Experience video here.
What to expect at your appointment
Welcome to Proactive MD! We’re honored to be a part of your healthcare story and can’t wait to get started. At Proactive MD, we raise the standard for patient experience by providing prestige care at every point along your patient journey.
Guided by our Patient Promise, we designed each aspect of your Health Center appointment with you in mind. At every Proactive MD appointment, you can expect:
- Accessible Scheduling: Choose between calling, coming by the Health Center in person, or simply use the portal to select an appointment date and time.
- Inviting Environment: Step into a space designed for physical, mental, and emotional healing and receive a warm and prompt greeting from a member of your care team.
- Quick Response: Spend less time in the waiting room and more time receiving care. Within moments of arriving, your nurse will begin performing your patient intake.
- Quality Time: Enjoy care that is thorough and unhurried with 30-45 minutes of one-on-one time with your provider.
- Convenient Care: Skip the lines and save time. Take care of medication needs and lab services during your appointment.
- Personal Advocate: Meet our amazing Patient Advocates – your personal cheerleaders and partners in helping you navigate the complex healthcare environment.
- Thorough Communication: Address any questions or concerns with a quick patient education conversation prior to discharge.
- Simple Follow-Up: Relax as we schedule your follow-up appointment for you.
- Satisfaction Survey: Let us know how we did by filling out your post-visit survey.
- Constant Care: Experience care that won’t quit as your care team continues to serve you post-appointment. Expect check-ins and follow ups in between your Health Center visits.
From start to finish, a Proactive MD appointment is a patient-led, partnership-driven experience. Get to know the Proactive MD difference.
Contact your Health Center today.
Download this document
Personal navigation & partnership for healthcare that works.
What is a Patient Advocate?
- Behavioral Health Professional: They are licensed social workers who are trained in mental health and can provide support for disorders like anxiety and depression.
- Medical Care Coordinator: They have extensive case management and care coordination experience, and they can help guide and advise you through every touch you have with the healthcare system.
- Social Determinants of Health Expert: They are experts in social issues like financial and relationship concerns, community programs, and government resources. They are uniquely positioned to remove barriers to care so you always get the right care at the right time.
You finally have an expert with you every step of the way.
“There’s not a person in the traditional healthcare system who raises their hand for patients and says, ‘I will fight for you.’ But that’s my role at Proactive MD: fight for the patient’s greatest good. I will stop at nothing to get my patients the right care at the right time.”
– Proactive MD Patient Advocate
Healthcare doesn’t come with a handbook.
But at Proactive MD, it comes with a Patient Advocate.
Patient Advocates take the guesswork out of healthcare. Every service they offer is designed to make quality care more simple, affordable, and accessible; and their approach is always clear and compassionate.
- Benefits education
- Concierge care navigation
- Healthcare literacy
- Home and hospital visits
- Dependent care resources
- Medicare/Medicaid navigation
- Transitional care
- Second opinion coordination
And this is only the beginning.
You’re a person before you’re a patient, and your health is more than just your temperature or test results. Your Patient Advocate humanizes healthcare by providing care for you as a whole person–mentally, emotionally, socially, and physically. No concern is outside the bounds of Patient Advocacy. If an Advocate can’t personally help, they will connect you to a resource who can–and they will partner with you every step of the way.
Download this document
Care Without Compromise is coming April 2022!
The State of New Mexico has partnered with Proactive MD to ensure that you will have the highest quality healthcare—right here at work.
Here’s what you can expect.
You’ll get primary care that always goes above and beyond, guiding you through your total wellness journey. Expect healthcare built on relationships, trust, and hope.
More details will follow in the coming months. We can’t wait to serve you!